Glasses and contact lenses can make you feel annoyed, frustrated and inconvenienced. They get in the way of the things you enjoy, make you feel embarrassed or older than your years, and can be a constant reminder of a progressively limited and shrinking future.
Some people consider laser eye surgery but put it off thinking that they don’t really need an aesthetic boost or the long term cost savings. However, studies find that beyond these surface benefits, are much deeper, truly life-changing transformations.
The issues associated with poor vision, glasses and contact lenses have a much deeper routed impact that could alter your time on this planet.
Should you feel scared about PRK? The answer is no and underneath you know how having PRK will improve your life!
According to multiple scientific studies, if you improve your vision…
1. You could be happier
It’s true. Having good unaided vision results in a better quality of life.
- People who do not depend on glasses are seen as more attractive and likeable than those who do. They are also more likely to find a partner, make friends and connect with people on a daily basis.
- Visual impairment impacts the psychological and emotional health of elderly people and increases five to nine-fold the risk of cognitive decline and dementia.
- Decreased visual acuity, visual field loss, and occasional blurred vision are associated with decreased quality of life.
After laser eye surgery, patients feel more confident, attractive and their mental health improves.
“I have not looked at a pair of glasses since… except for beautiful sunglasses that aren’t prescription!”
2. You could be healthier
Yup. If your eyes are healthy, chances are your body is too.
- Eyeglass wearers find it difficult to exercise, play sports and engage in outdoor activities.
- 59% of accidents can be linked to poor sight – such as failure to use corrective lenses or glare-related reasons.
- The risk of car crash involvement increases by 9% with visual impairment and is higher for drivers whose visual function worsens as they get older.
- Wearing contact lenses increases the risk for several serious conditions, including eye infections and corneal ulcers.
After laser eye surgery, a patient’s health and safety is greatly improved. They find it easier to exercise, play sports and travel without worrying about corrective eyewear.
“I am really looking forward to getting my Ducati and being able to go for a ride up to Mt Glorious – without glasses!”
(NOTE: Have ever wondered whether laser eye surgery might be right for you? Get the definitive answer on your LASIK options in Brisbane by getting yourself a complimentary in-person assessment in Fortitude Valley.)