The significant benefit of LASIK eye surgery is that it’s an accurate procedure.
We can correct a wide range of refractive errors or focusing problems when we reshape the cornea. There is almost no pain, it’s safe, and the recovery is very rapid.
Healing takes place within three hours, and vision recovery occurs overnight.
The ten most-cited LASIK benefits
- More convenience
- Nearly immediate vision improvement
- Long-term cost savings
- Permanent correction of short-sightedness and long-sightedness and astigmatism
- Boosted self-confidence
- Lower risk compared with contact lenses or lens-based surgery
- Positive impact on eye allergies
- High patient satisfaction
- Virtually painless procedure
- The quick and easy recovery process
The disadvantage of LASIK is that we make a corneal flap.
That can be a disadvantage for a tiny number of people because they could injure the flap. That might apply to you if you are in the military or the emergency services or involved in contact sports.
Therefore, LASIK may not be the best treatment for you.
Instead, you may be a better candidate for having a surface laser or SmartSight.
If you would like to learn more about laser vision correction and understand which treatment options will be most appropriate for you to free you from having to wear glasses and contact lenses, please book online for a free laser vision assessment.