Hi, it’s Dr. Russell from VSON. When I tell people I’m a LASIK surgeon, some ask me: “How do SmartSight vs LASIK costs compare?”.
SmartSight and LASIK both provide similar vision correction and most typically yield the same results (the same vision you have with glasses or contact lenses; without the need for them).
There are however some differences. LASIK and SmartSight have differing methods of removing the corneal tissue. SmartSight does not use an excimer laser.
The two procedures also differ in the following ways:
- Requires a corneal flap
- Can correct long-sightedness
- Uses an excimer and femtosecond laser
- Has a slight risk of dry eye symptoms
- Requires more postoperative restrictions
- Does not require a corneal flap
- Cannot correct long-sightedness (hyperopia)
- Uses a femtosecond laser
- Offers less risk of dry eye symptoms
- Offers a slightly quicker recovery than LASIK
Comparing Costs: LASIK & SmartSight
There is a relatively small price difference between LASIK and SmartSight, in fact, both procedures are very affordable.
See our laser eye surgery pricing page to see our current prices for each procedure.
Price plans can help to split the costs. By splitting the cost over a period of say 12 months, or perhaps 24 months if you prefer a more long-term option, we can make repayment costs more affordable to you.
To learn more about laser eye surgery, or if you have any questions, schedule a free assessment at VSON here.